Functional, robust and ultra compact for travel, the Leo Minor (Little Lion) flat pack firebox has been specifically designed for rugged open air cooking. Great for scout and guide groups, forest schools and all outdoor enthusiasts.
The seven accurately cut plates slot together to create a self-supporting structure which is then locked in place by inserting two stainless steel lynch pins in each of the side plates to create a solid and safe mini barbecue. Once on a stable level surface, pans, kettles and skillets can also be used to cook over the Leo Minor grill area.
The product is designed for maximum functionality and is stored in a canvas zip lock case with a minimal flat pack footprint for ultimate compact storage in your campervan, car, boat, canoe, kayak, backpack or motorcycle panniers. Leo Minor is extremely hygienic, environmentally resistant and compact. It produces only minimal biodegradable waste (ash), which makes it a highly practical and ecological travel companion.
We suggest use in outdoor pursuits such camping, cycling, hiking, kayak trips, fishing expeditions and also for general beach/seaside days out.
The Leo Minor flat pack barbecue has been designed for use with small to medium pieces of lump wood and briquette charcoal to cook edible food.
We advise preparing about 0.25kg of charcoal available per cook session.
Smoking chips are a perfect addition to the embers to give you your perfect smoke flavour intensity.
We advise the use of wood wool twisted firelighters to start your table barbecue grill.
We do not recommend using paraffin-based fire cubes due to the toxins involved in manufacture.
Thin pieces of wood kindling can also be used as fire starter fuel but during live flame it may be likely to be too hot to cook on due to the initial intense heat release of wood.
Creating a bed of embers with wood (and charcoal) to then cook over is idea.
The Leo Minor flat pack barbecue assembly build time is within 2 minutes from flat pack to complete assembly. The construction takes shape by interlocking certain plates together to support each other and then securing the side plates with lynch pins for ultimate safety during barbecue and food cooking use.
All relevant assembly instructions for the most efficient build process is supplied with each product pack.
- All materials are smooth edged heavy gauge 304 stainless steel plates for robust strength, complete corrosion protection, ultimate food hygiene and easy clean and pack down
- All Leo Minor parts are supplied in flat pack mode in a compact canvas zip lock case
- Effective grill surface area of 23cm x 23cm (for 2 people)
- Hybrid chapa/grill plate to cook foods at different intensities
- Removable hybrid grill/chapa plate for fuel loading and for cleaning embers and ash
- Internal ash plate, reduces low surface heat burn & collects fallen ash and embers
- Stencil stylised cut out features, to increase air flow, coal and flame visibility and maximise heat radiation
- Surface maintenance kit included: x1 grey abrasive hand pad, x2 microfibre polishing cloths, x1 100ml bottle of cleaning fluid (distilled vinegar), x1 100ml bottle of conditioning oil (olive oil)
Always ensure charcoal burning products are used safely on solid stable ground with no combustible materials in close proximity.
- SKU: LE-0001
- GTIN: 506061208 0062
- Material: pure 304 grade stainless steel
- Material finish: smooth cold rolled (2B)
- Dimensions (assembled): 23cm width x 23cm depth x 31cm height
- Product weight: 8.5kg
- Shipping weight: 9kg
- Packed shipping dimensions: 40cm width x 50cm depth x 5cm height
- Packing specification: heavy duty cardboard ECO rigid envelope