Discover the warmth and ambience of a real Mexican chimenea. This iguana model is perfect for an authentic Mexican feel.
- Mexican chimenea, made in Mexico
- Design: iguana
- Extra large size
- Burns wood, leaves hardly any ashes
- Clay absorbs heat and acts as radiator
- No assembly required
- Painted in rustic finish
- Takes the Grill2-SS (see below)
- Colour: dark grey and green
- Includes stand and lid
- SKU: C5IGUA.73-3
- Barcode: 5031599050959
- Chimenea and lid are made of clay; stand is made of steel
For use in chimeneas that do not have a built in BBQ grill, particularly clay chimeneas, but can be used in any chimenea.
Used for barbecuing and cooking. Designed with a hinged foot which folds up when inserting the grill into the chimenea, but drops down when inside, making the grill surface adjustable from horizontal to almost vertical, thus making it possible to modulate cooking depending on the force of the fire.
Equipped with an edge all round to prevent food from rolling into the fire.
Stainless steel for ease of use and cleaning.
- Made out of stainless steel and wood
- Fits large amount of food as it is 71cm Long and 24cm Wide
- The balcony prevents your foods from falling into the fire
- Comes with four steel legs with a thickness of 4mm
- The wooden grip is shaped so it is comfortable and stable to hold
- Has to be cleaned and dried after use
- Colour is silver
- SKU: GRILL2-SS
- Barcode: 5031599048161
- Materials: stainless steel with wood handle
Mexican chimeneas are the best functioning burners of all patio fires. Their structure and design, perfected over centuries in Central America make them the easiest chimeneas to light and the most efficient burners. No need for roaring fires, the clay becomes hot and radiates the heat.
It is important you observe the instructions and maintenance recommendations. Not all fuels and lighting fuels can be used in Mexican chimeneas and they will need protection from the weather.
Mexican chimeneas are hand-made and hand-painted, so shapes and colours may vary slightly. The paint finish on this chimenea will discolour when fired or if left outside all the time. Colour changes do not affect use. Mexican chimeneas can be repainted with ordinary emulsion paint.
Cure your clay chiminea before use: fill the chiminea with sand to about three quarters of the way to the top of the mouth. Next, light a small fire on top of the sand using just kindling and paper. Then allow the chiminea to cool completely. Repeat the process 3-6 times, each time making the fire larger. After this is done, your chiminea is ready for use.
Do not use coal on a clay chimenea. Coal burns very hot and might damage the chimenea.
About the manufacturer.