Discover the warmth and ambience of a real Mexican chimenea. Circular design on top of funnel in grey.
Details and features:
- SKU: C5PEL.55
- Barcode: 5031599050898
- Mexican chimenea, made in Mexico
- Extra large size
- Burns wood, leaves hardly any ashes
- Clay absorbs heat and acts as radiator
- No assembly required
- Painted in rustic finish
- Striking design - make a statement
- Takes the Grill1-SS (see below)
- Colour: dark grey
- No lid, no stand - can be placed directly onto non-flammable surface
For use in chimeneas that do not have a built in BBQ grill, particularly clay chimeneas, but can be used in any chimenea.
Used for barbecuing and cooking. Designed with a hinged foot which folds up when inserting the grill into the chimenea, but drops down when inside, making the grill surface adjustable from horizontal to almost vertical, thus making it possible to modulate cooking depending on the force of the fire.
Equipped with an edge all round to prevent food from rolling into the fire.
Stainless steel for ease of use and cleaning.
Overall size 64cm including handle. Grill size 39.5cm x 18.5cm.
- Made out of stainless steel and wood
- It is 60cm long and 19cm wide
- Has a steel balcony
- Comes with four steel legs with a thickness of 4mm
- Comes with a wooden handle
- Has to be cleaned and dried after use
- Colour is silver
- No assembly required
- SKU: GRILL1-SS
- Barcode: 5031599048154
- Materials: chromed steel with wood handle
Waffle iron info
This Gardeco waffle iron is similar to the 19th century waffle irons used over real fires. Its cast iron shell structure is traditional and easy to use. Long handles for easy reach over the fire also prevent your hands from getting burnt.
To make waffles, use ready made paste or the recipe located on the product packaging. Done in minutes over an open fire. Simply oil or butter the inside of the waffle iron, pour waffle mix to the upper level of the iron, clamp shut, lock and place over the fire. Turn the iron over a couple of times.
Waffles are ready when light brown. Simply empty the iron over a plate. Delicious with icing sugar alone or serve with jam, cream or any other accompaniment of your choice. Fantastic!
- The waffle mold is made out of cast iron (which becomes very hot)
- The long handle prevents you from burning yourself by getting too close to the fire
- The wooden grip is shaped so it is comfortable and stable to hold
Details & notes:
- SKU: COOK-WIRON
- Barcode: 5031599034379
- Dimensions: 13cm width x 59cm length
- Note 1: the waffle iron must be cleaned, dried and coated with vegetable oil before and after use
- Note 2: please be careful when touching the iron with bare hands after use as its cooling time is very long
- Note 3: waffle iron will rust if left outside, unwashed or not coated with vegetable oil after use
Toasting fork info
This very versatile toasting fork can be used to make toast, roast marshmallows or warm up any food over a real fire. Simply prick the food onto the prongs of the fork and place over the fire. Ideal for use on chimeneas, barbecues, fire bowls or any open fires. Made of stainless steel so won't rust.
- The toasting fork is made out of stainles steel
- Ideal to use for toasting in open fires (vegetables and marshmallows, for instance)
- The wooden handle is shaped so it is comfortable and stable to hold
- Has notches so the foods grip better on the cooking stick and cannot escape
- Easy and simple to use, simple to clean
Details & notes:
- SKU: COOK-TOASTFORK
- Barcode: 5031599034393
- Dimensions: 8cm x 45cm
- Note 1: wash before and after use
Note 2: will deteriorate if left outside
If you are interested in other accessories for your chiminea, then please visit our accessories page.
Mexican chimeneas are the best functioning burners of all patio fires. Their structure and design, perfected over centuries in Central America make them the easiest chimeneas to light and the most efficient burners. No need for roaring fires, the clay becomes hot and radiates the heat.
It is important you observe the instructions and maintenance recommendations. Not all fuels and lighting fuels can be used in Mexican chimeneas and they will need protection from the weather.
Mexican chimeneas are hand-made and hand-painted, so shapes and colours may vary slightly. The paint finish on this chimenea will discolour when fired or if left outside all the time. Colour changes do not affect use. Mexican chimeneas can be repainted with ordinary emulsion paint.
Cure your clay chiminea before use: fill the chiminea with sand to about three quarters of the way to the top of the mouth. Next, light a small fire on top of the sand using just kindling and paper. Then allow the chiminea to cool completely. Repeat the process 3-6 times, each time making the fire larger. After this is done, your chiminea is ready for use.
Do not use coal on a clay chimenea. Coal burns very hot and might damage the chimenea.